This position involves preparing, editing, and sending complex and sensitive documents to program partners and participants, as well as telephonically following up for status updates.
- Prepare and send initial correspondence to participants regarding their participation in the Transition2Work program.
- Place outbound calls to non-profit agencies with active assignments to follow up on the progress of each injured worker.
- Learn and understand the process of the Transition2Work program in order to effectively navigate and address various situations that may arise.
- Escalate issues to assigned Transition2Work Specialists or Team Leads as appropriate.
- Partner across the Operations Department to send out correspondence in a timely manner.
- Draft and send detailed communication regarding assignments to keep clients informed of the status of their employees.
- Send all correspondence in compliance with client directions and jurisdictional requirements.
- Confirm all jurisdictional and account instructions are followed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Articulate and professional phone demeanor
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to maintain effective, professional relationships with clients
- Set priorities and work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Knowledge of the workers' compensation industry
Full-time position working day time shifts
ReEmployAbility Corporate Office in Tampa, Florida
Submit your resume for consideration